HDTVtest 2019 TV shootout

tryf3

6 October 2017
Η Sony τι συσκευασία έχει ρε παίδες; Πωπωωωω!!! Τέρας!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-T820 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

xavito

Staff member
29 October 2008
We preview the upcoming 2019 TV shootout organised by UK electrical retailer Crampton & Moore, which will take place in Greater London on Sunday the 18th of August, where the public will cast their votes on different picture quality attributes to help us choose the "Best TV of 2019".

The TVs included are the LG C9, Panasonic GZ2000, Samsung Q90R and Sony AG9. All are 65 inches in screen size, and will be calibrated (with help from Tyler Pruitt of Portrait Displays, and Maciej Koper of HDTVPolska.com) to the standards used within the film and broadcast industry.

This year, the bezels and stands will be masked, so that attendees won't know which TV is which, constituting what's known as a "blind" shootout.

Many thanks to CYP Europe for supplying the HDMI distributor, B-tech International for the portable stands on which the TVs will be mounted, and Stacey Spears/ Scenic Labs for the Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark discs and Medialight bias lighting giveaway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d_gvBkD7aI
source video:[youtube.com - hdtvtest.co.uk]

hristoslav2

8 January 2016
Varna, Bulgaria
2019 "Blinded" TV Shootout Results:

Best Home Theatre TV: Panasonic GZ2000

Best Living Room TV: Panasonic GZ2000

Best Gaming TV: LG C9

Best HDR TV: LG C9

Best TV of 2019: LG C9

https://twitter.com/HDTVTest/status/1163105243221168129
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1TNvL7nMW8/?igshid=27q85wq8gos1

My personal take is as follows so feel free to get offended at your own discretion:

A. Samsung Q90R. It's *only* use case is bright viewing in a reflective room. If that's your main use case, go for it! As soon as lights go dim or it's asked to handle dark content, it's game over. I have no idea what it costs but unless it's 50% lower than the cheapest OLED on stage, absolutely no would be my take on this.

B. Panasonic GZ200. Very solid all around. The two things that I would have a hard time getting over; it's over dimming of static logo's and it's banding issue due to Panasonic over driving the panel to hit high nits. Both pieces are clearly visible and would start grating after a while. Price difference is virtually impossible to justify.

C. LG C9. Easily the star of the show. Either on par or ahead in most areas. The set I'd take except for one big issue. Vertical lines on black content. Vincent mentioned that was the 2nd panel and the 1st one had even worse lines. If this is a LG processing issue, I'd be concerned. Lower on the list is the low apl handling of highly compressed dark content such as S8 Ep3 of Game of Thrones.

D. Sony AG9. It's failure on HDR tone mapping is unacceptable and the fact that Sony doubles down on it's being the right way tells me it's not for me. It's smooth gradation advantage of years past has been more or less matched by LG now. Hard to say what they're left with at this stage unless you have a preference for their method of HDR.

As standard definition content becomes a thing of the past, upscaling of standard definition has little to no relevance and all the sets did a great job of scaling up 1080i/p content to 4k so no real magic to be had there.

Werewolf

Supreme Member
15 January 2010
Βαζεις να δεις το απο πανω βιντεο...BLIND TEST λεει.

Κορδελες crime scene, μασκαρισματα στα bezels, ηλεκτρικες κουρτινες, μπλα μπλα , ολα ετοιμα για το τυφλο τεστ.

Ανοιγει η κουρτινα καποια στιγμη στο βιντεο και βλεπεις ολες τις tv να παιζουν (τον πλανητη γη ?)

Και μολις σε 0.003 sec αντιλαμβανεσαι ποια ειναι η QLED με ανοιχτα τα φωτα κι ολας. LOOOOOL
"Oled like" σου λεει μετα.

Υπαρχει καποιος που δεν καταλαβε ποια ειναι η QLED. ? :laugh: