AUDEZE LCD-1

Γιώργος ΚΟΨ

AVClub Addicted Member
20 June 2006
GLYFADA
Καθώς το Audeze LCD-1 είναι ήδη διαθέσιμο και στην χώρα μας, θα θέλαμε να σας ενημερώσουμε ότι αποτελεί και την προσιτή πρόταση της Audeze για τους μουσικούς και για τους επαγγελματίες μηχανικούς του ήχου, όπως για παράδειγμα ο Aaron Harris παρακάτω:

Aaron Harris is an award-winning musician and composer. His critically-acclaimed releases have topped the Billboard Charts and appeared in television series, film trailers, documentaries, video games and more.

Here's our chat with Aaron:

Can you pick out any favorites from your work that you're particularly proud of?

A few movie trailer placements that I’m really proud of are Us, Hereditary, True Detective, The Irishman and Pet Sematary. With my bands ISIS and Palms I’m really proud of the albums “Oceanic,” “Panopticon” and the self titled Palms album.

What's the best place for those new to your work to become familiar with what you do?

For my composing work my website or Instagram are the best places to go. For my bands you can go to the Ipecac Recordings website.

How would you define your main role on most of the projects you work on?

It really depends on the project. As a composer it’s usually working with a client to realize a project and get a certain message or mood across. A lot of my composing work is in movie trailers and it’s a fast paced and competitive world. Deadlines can be within a couple hours. It’s not uncommon to have only a day or two to compose an original piece of music or sound design. But it keeps me thinking and moving forward and when I have the time I like to look for new sounds or create original sound design. With my bands I can be a little more selfish and come at it from a purely artistic point of view. The writing is a collaborative process but I play a big role in recording and producing the albums.

How did you get started in music for movies and TV?

It was something I wanted to do for a long time but never had the courage to pursue. It got to a point where I just said “well, it’s now or never.” So I made a reel of material and shopped it around to a few music libraries. A collective called Methodic Doubt liked my work and gave me my first opportunity as an in-house composer. I composed with them for 3 years. Then I teamed up with Vik and the guys at Elephant Music and Mammoth Audio. It’s been a great place for me and I’m really happy to be part of the team.

Can you briefly describe a moment of frustration from your past work, and what you may have done to overcome the obstacles? Would you approach it differently now?

Those moments come often in my line of work and you just have to work through them. There’s a few things I do to keep focused and level headed. I try to remind myself that I’m lucky to be making a living in music, and if something isn’t working I try to walk away (if I have time) and come back to it. Even taking a walk to clear your head can do wonders. Keeping calm is crucial. Panicking can really distort your judgment. And confidence is something that can be a battle, but it’s important to stay confident in your work and remind yourself that you’ve come this far for a reason.

Is there any gear you find yourself turning to most when working on a project? What are some of your favorite tools/instruments recently?

I really love my Overstayer “Stereo Voltage Control.” I use it on my mix buss and it makes everything sound great. It’s become a big part of my sound. I’m also loving the Arturia “FX Collection” lately. There’s lots of virtual string and synths I love. Especially the stuff from Spitfire Audio, u-he and Arturia.

Do you have any words of wisdom for people who might aspire to get where you are in their own careers?

It seems cliche to say but work hard. Make connections. Networking is really important. Staying inspired is also important. But most of all work hard. I really believe it will pay off.

How long have you been working with headphones, and what inspired you to start including them in your workflow?

Headphones are so crucial in all walks of audio work. They can provide a change of perspective, or a means working in environments where monitors aren’t possible. They also provide a stage of critical listening that you can’t get with most monitors. With good headphones like Audeze you can mix on headphones and be confident that your work will translate. So if you’re working late at night while your family are sleeping, or on an airplane you know that it will also sound great when you go to mix on your monitors or have to turn into a client. And for recording having good headphones can make or break your session. When you can hear yourself accurately you’re then empowered to perform better.

I got the LCD-1's... I'm really loving them. I feel totally confident writing and mixing on them where I haven't with other headphones I've owned. The levels translate really well to my monitors. I love the low end. It doesn't feel hyped but it's nice and punchy and accurate. They're also very comfortable to wear. They're on course to be my favorite headphones that I've ever owned!

Listening to music is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Having really great sounding and comfortable headphones is crucial. It will change your life!

https://www.audeze.com/blogs/audeze...hLmdyIiwgImtsX2NvbXBhbnlfaWQiOiAiUHg5SnJaIn0=

Sonus Naturalis

Μέλος Σωματείου
12 July 2009
Αθήνα, Ηλιούπολη
Εντονώτατη και ακαταμάχητη παρόρμηση μ' έκανε να τ' αγοράσω αμέσως μόλις πληροφορήθηκα την ύπαρξη τους! :laugh:

Ένας ακόμα νέος κάτοχος!

Μετά το αρχικό στρώσιμο, δοκιμές, συγκρίσεις, κλπ., κάποια στιγμή θα ακολουθήσει πλήρης παρουσίαση... -bye-

Γιώργος ΚΟΨ

AVClub Addicted Member
20 June 2006
GLYFADA
Άλλο ένα ριβιου στο part time audiophile

Conclusion

To some this above descriptions of sound might feel more like a swim in waters of audio science more than audio art, but I challenge you with this: should a headphone impart its own expression of sound—or—instead stand aside and let the artist’s expression through, untouched and un-manipulated?

Those accustomed to exaggerated bass regions, mid-range in retreat, and splashy top ends may find the Audeze LCD-1 a dull listen at first. To that, I say “Look at your game, girl” as these headphones have allowed me to more accurately assess and enjoy upstream components for their own sonic character, while themselves not pushing a singular narrative into the musical delivery chain.

At the fair price of $399 USD, I can’t think of a more painless headphone recommendation. Anyone one even remotely interested in musical detail should seek out a pair (or two) of the Audeze LCD-1 headphones. I honestly believe these headphones belong in the stables of every recording engineer, musician, and music lover out there looking for something portable and directly full of insightful.

Maybe this next statement is a bit of a Shook-ism, but I’ve always felt that “you can always get what you want if you know how to ask for it.” For me: I want the truth, I want clarity, and I want my feelings acknowledged. I want to see myself inside of the song, and to feel what the artist feels. I want to know that I have someone on the other side who shares in my joy and pain. The Audeze LCD-1 headphones have gifted me both an understanding and exposing musical companion. They are both partner and savior in the music loving experience. I now pass them on to you, highly recommended.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2020/11/13/audeze-lcd-1-headphones-review/

Γιώργος ΚΟΨ

AVClub Addicted Member
20 June 2006
GLYFADA
LCD1.jpg

Sonus Naturalis

Μέλος Σωματείου
12 July 2009
Αθήνα, Ηλιούπολη
Μία πρώτη γεύση από τη χρήση των Audeze LCD-1. Εωσότου ωριμάσει μία πλήρης και εκτεταμένη δοκιμή.

1. Το πρώτο από τα βασικά χαρακτηριστικά των LCD-1 είναι η άνεση. Πολύ ελαφριά κατ' αρχήν. Η στέκα ρυθμίζεται πανεύκολα με ακρίβεια, έτσι που εφαρμόζουν τέλεια πάνω στο κεφάλι, χωρίς να σφίγγουν και χωρίς να πέφτουν. Ακριβώς όσο πρέπει. Ούτε λιγότερο, ούτε περισσότερο.

Σχεδίαση Over Ear, που βολέυει όλους, αλλά με συμμαζεμένο μέγεθος που προσφέρει ιδιαίτερη άνεση. Τα μαξιλαράκια καλύπτουν ολόγυρα τα αυτιά, χωρίς να φεύγουν, χωρίς να πιέζουν, χωρίς να προεκτείνονται παραπάνω από όσο χρειάζεται. Εν τέλει δίχως διόλου να κουράζουν.
Έχουν όλα τα πλεονεκτήματα μιας On Ear σχεδίασης, αλλά χωρίς τα μειονεκτήματα της.
Τα ακουστικά δεν είναι φτιαγμένα για χρήση On the Go, όμως μπορούν να χρησιμοποιηθούν ΚΑΙ έτσι. Σε συνδυασμό με το μικρό τους βάρος είναι από τα πιο ξεκούραστα ακουστικά που έχω δοκιμάσει.

2. Τα ακουστικά είναι πτυσσόμενα και συνοδεύονται από σκληρή θήκη φύλαξης με φερμουάρ. Μεταφέρονται εύκολα, οπότε μπορούν να συνδυαστούν ιδανικά ως μέσο αναπαραγωγής σε ένα φορητό σύστημα ακρόασης υψηλών απαιτήσεων.

3. Ή εντελώς ανοικτή (Open) σχεδίαση τους προσφέρει πλήρη επικοινωνία με το περιβάλλον. Σε σύγκριση με τα Sennheiser HD-600 που είναι και αυτά σχεδίασης Open Back, περισσότερη. Με λίγα λόγια τα ακουστικά δεν προσφέρουν απομόνωση από το εξωτερικό περιβάλλον. Αυτό άλλοτε είναι πλεονέκτημα και άλλοτε μειονέκτημα. Αλλά όποιος ενδιαφέρεται για απομόνωση από τα ακουστικά του, πολύ απλά αγοράζει ακουστικά άλλης σχεδίασης, κλειστού τύπου. Επιπλέον η μέχρι τώρα αίσθησή μου είναι ότι με την ανοιχτή σχεδίαση τους παρέχουν καλύτερο αερισμό, ώστε να μη δημιουργείται αίσθημα ζέστης και να μην προκαλείται εφίδρωση. Πολύ σημαντικό όταν χρησιμοποιούνται για πολύωρες ακροάσεις.

4. Με ευαισθησία 99 dB SPL / 1 mW, 120 dB / 5 W και Impedance 16 Ohm, προκύπτει ότι τα ακουστικά έχουν μεγάλη ευαισθησία, είναι εύκολα φορτία και μπορούν να παίξουν πολύ δυνατά. Δεν χρειάζονται πολύ ισχυρούς ενισχυτές ακουστικών, αλλά πολύ ποιοτικούς. Και όποτε χρειαστεί μπορούν εύκολα να συνδεθούν και με τις φορητές πηγές μας χαμηλής ισχύος (κινητά).

5. Και ο ήχος; Έιναι νωρίς ακόμα για μία πλήρη και αναλυτική εκτίμηση. Θα αναφέρω ωστόσο συνοπτικά κάποια πρώτα συμπεράσματα.

Ουδετερότητα. Τα ακουστικά δεν έχουν δικό τους χαρακτήρα για να τον προβάλλουν ή να τον επιβάλλουν σε ένα ή περισσότερα τμήματα του ακουστικού φάσματος. Κατά συνέπεια είναι κατάλληλα για όλα τα είδη της μουσικής, αφού τα ίδια ΔΕΝ έχουν επιλεκτικότητα για κάποιο συγκεκριμένο είδος.

Διαφάνεια. Υψηλή αναλυτικότητα και ικανότητα διάκρισης που δίνει την δυνατότητα να γίνουν αντιληπτά όλα τα στοιχεία μιας ηχογράφησης, θετικά ή αρνητικά. Επίσης -εξίσου σημαντικό- και τα θετικά ή αρνητικά χαρακτηριστικά των συνοδών μηχανημάτων πίσω από αυτά.

Φυσικότητα. Συνοχή. Η ουδετερότητα, η διαφάνεια και η πολύ καλή απόκριση συχνότητας έχουν σαν αποτέλεσμα αυξημένη φυσικότητα και συνοχή σε όλο το ηχητικό φάσμα που κάνει τα ακουστικά να αναπαράγουν με την ίδια ευκολία, χωρίς να κουράζουν, κάθε είδος μουσικής.

Τελικά. Χάρη σε όλα τα παραπάνω χαρακτηριστικά τα ακουστικά είναι κατάλληλα για συνεχείς, μακρόχρονες, πολύωρες ακροάσεις, χωρίς να προκαλούν καθόλου ακουστική κόπωση, είτε πρόκειται για τη μουσική μας απόλαυση είτε για κριτική ακρόαση.

Υ.Γ. Περισσότερες λεπτομέρειες προσεχώς! -bye-

Sonus Naturalis

Μέλος Σωματείου
12 July 2009
Αθήνα, Ηλιούπολη
Στα παραπάνω θα προσθέσω ότι μετά το αρχικό στρώσιμο, το οποίο συνεχίζεται, ο ήχος άρχισε να "ανοίγει".

Τα χαμηλό κατεβαίνει πιο κάτω, οι υψηλές συχνότητες έγιναν πιο εκτεταμένες, η ικανότητα των ακουστικών να αναδεικνύουν τις λεπτομέρειες μιας ηχογράφησης και τα ιδιαίτερα χαρακτηριστικά των συνοδών βελτιώνεται. Και συνεχίζει.

Ωραιότατα! :4624:

:cool1:​

Sonus Naturalis

Μέλος Σωματείου
12 July 2009
Αθήνα, Ηλιούπολη
Μία ενδιαφέρουσα παρουσίαση-review των Audeze LCD-1 από τον γνωστό μας Steve Guttenberg του Audiophiliac.

Καταλήγει στα ίδια περίπου συμπεράσματα που έχω αναφέρει πιο πάνω. Και δηλώνει χαρακτηριστικά ότι η Audeze στα LCD-1 κατάφερε να εξαλείψει όλες τις αιτίες παράπονων που οποία αφορούν το μέγεθος και το βάρος των προηγούμενων μοντέλων της, αλλά κρατώντας ουσιαστικά τον ήχο τους. Διότι σε όλους αρέσει ο ήχος τους, αλλά πολλοί διαμαρτύρονται για το μέγεθος και το βάρος τους.

Και προχωράει σε δύο ενδιαφέρουσες συγκρίσεις.
α) Με το μεγαλύτερο και παλαιότερο Audeze LCD-2. Το οποίο θεωρεί πιο γεμάτο, αλλά δέχεται ότι σε αρκετά σημεία κερδίζουν τα LCD-1.

β) Με τα Sennheiser HD-6xx, όπου θεωρεί ότι τα Audeze LCD-1 είναι ξεκάθαρα ο νικητής.

Αλλά καλύτερα ας τον παρακολουθήσουμε.

fr3q

Established Member
20 May 2012
Καλοριζικα
τα έχω βάλει κ εγώ στο μάτι,προσπάθησα να πάρω ένα planar να μπω στο παιχνίδι,τα βρήκα σε καλή τιμή μεταχειρισμένα στο αμαζον αλλά ο πωλητής δεν τα έστειλε ποτέ.
Τα audeze shine, είναι on-ear αλλά μετά από συζήτηση μου είπαν πως δεν είναι τόσο καλά.