Cambridge Audio unveils DacMagic 100

paidi

27 April 2010
[h=1]Cambridge Audio unveils £199.95 DacMagic 100[/h] 6 Jan 2012
DacMagic%20100_1.jpg

Here it is folks! Cambridge Audio's DacMagic 100, the replacement for the original DacMagic launched in 2008, will make its world debut at CES 2012 in Las Vegas next week.
We've been given exclusive advanced information prior to the launch in Vegas next week. Available from late February, the DacMagic 100 costs £30 less than the old model – £199.95.
The DacMagic 100 is equipped with Cambridge Audio's latest USB audio input which allows studio master, uncompressed 24-bit/192kHz files to be played back from any Windows or Apple computer.
DacMagic_100_2.jpg

With an additional three digital connections, the DacMagic 100 is also designed to improve the audio performance of a wide range of products including TVs, media streamers, DVD and Blu-ray players.
Dacmagic100_3.jpg
It's been engineered to partner digital iPad and iPhone docks such as the Cambridge Audio iD100 (right).
Developed at Cambridge Audio's London R&D centre, the unit is said to deliver a "vibrant, detailed sound that's remarkably free from jitter – a problem which normally degrades music stored on hard drives or sent across networks".
The full technical spec is as follows:
• New Wolfson WM8742 24-bit DAC
• New 24-bit/96kHz driverless USB audio input – or up to 24-bit/192kHz using the free Cambridge Audio driver available from the company's website
• Three digital inputs: one optical, two coaxial
• RCA analogue phono outputs
• Incoming sampling rate indicator for 32/44.1/48/88.2/96/192kHz
• Full metal chassis and wraparound casework with aluminium front panel
The Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 will be available in black or silver from Richer Sounds stores next month.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/world-exclusive-cambridge-audio-unveils-£19995-dacmagic-100

tasanto

AVClub Addicted Member
31 August 2006
Athens
φαινεται πολυ καλο το μηχανακι αλλα καλα θα ηταν η αντιπροσωπεια στη χωρα μας να τιμολογει λιγο πιο "ρεαλιστικα"

spytsi

18 February 2010
NorthWest
Είναι βασισμένο στο chip WM8742 της Wolfson.
Ο Lampizator το δοκίμασε και το εξυμνεί >>
http://lampizator.eu/LAMPIZATOR/REFERENCES/wolfsondac/WolfsonWM8742DAC.html

Listening impression of the Wolfson DAC WM8742 with SRPP lampizator.

THis dac played extremely well. It has all best qualities you can ask for.
It is 99% the quality of the Sabre32 DAC, and it beats other highly capable DAC chips like CS4397, CS4398, AD1865, AD1955, BB1402, BB PCM63, etc.
I am not yet sure how it ranks against the most tweaked TDA1541.
In one area - in the BASS - The wolfson beats them all. Probably the Sabre 32 Buffalo too. I can verify it next week. This wolfson bass is absolutely awesome. I never heard anything like that in my home. The WM8740 bass was already superb, and the successor is even better.

I can just fantasize how this DAC would play in I2S mode which is available on board, as well as dsd and all possible formats.
All in all - this is the finest DAC money can buy - with addition of a tube stage - you will never need a better DAC. It belong in the same class as the best ones including the king of them all - Sabre 32. The distance between them is so small, that I finally decided to call them equal. Sabre costs much more, is harder to get but also it has built in receiver chip - it is fully integrated.
I could live with any of them.
Αναμένεται λοιπόν με ιδιαίτερο ενδιαφέρον
η υλοποίηση της Cambridge Audio.

Tyler ? Durden

Supreme Member
6 November 2006
Νεα Σμυρνη
φαινεται πολυ καλο το μηχανακι αλλα καλα θα ηταν η αντιπροσωπεια στη χωρα μας να τιμολογει λιγο πιο "ρεαλιστικα"

Ακριβως, περιμενω να δω Τασο, αν ο καινουριος αντιπροσωπος θα συνεχισει στην ιδια τιμολογιακη πολιτικη με τον παλιο

Tyler ? Durden

Supreme Member
6 November 2006
Νεα Σμυρνη
"This wolfson bass is absolutely awesome. I never heard anything like that in my home. The WM8740 bass was already superb, and the successor is even better."

δεν συμφωνω με τον Λαμπιζατορα, στο κομματι οτι το προηγουμενο Dacmagic με τα 8740 was already superb οπως λεει. Το χω ακουσει σε κανα δυο σεταπ, και εδω στο σπιτι μου και περα απο τα αλλα μειονεκτηματα του, το μπασο μονο αυτο που ισχυριζεται δεν ειναι... Οποτε, τη στιγμη που χαρακτηριζει την αναπαραγωγη του πρωτου στο χαμηλο "υπεροχη", μου ειναι αδιαφορο τι γραφει για το καινουριο..